H. Eugene Lindsey III is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department with over 23 years of experience. Mr. Lindsey concentrates his practice on the areas of complex civil litigation, including trial and appellate practice, white collar criminal defense, and international arbitration. He has practiced in Miami for 17 years and, prior to that, in New York City, representing clients in federal and state courts throughout the United States and Florida. Mr. Lindsey has represented clients in shareholder, corporate control, and franchise disputes, class actions, securities litigation, business valuations, forfeiture actions and asset recovery matters.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Civil and White Collar Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- International Arbitration
- Class Actions
- Asset Recovery
- Representation of claimant in international telecom arbitration.
- Co-counsel representing banker charged in Operation Casablanca, largest money laundering sting operation in United States history; client acquitted as a matter of law on all money laundering charges.*
- Represented professional on RICO, money laundering and public corruption charges, obtaining dismissal of all felony counts.*
- Appellate counsel in class action against large title insurance company, obtaining reversal of proposed class action settlement. Grosso v. Fidelity Nat. Title Ins. Co., 983 So.2d 1165 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008).*
- Amicus counsel on behalf of the Florida House of Representatives in Pharmaceutical Research and Mfrs. Of America v. Meadows, 304 F.3d 1197 (11th Cir. 2002).
*Results may not be typical. You may not have as beneficial a result.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3d Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Law clerk to the Honorable M. Blaine Michael, U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit.
- Columbia University Law School, L.L.M. 1994 (James Kent Scholar)
- American University, Washington College of Law, summa cum laude, J.D. 1990
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. (Political Science) 1987
Awards and Recognition
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected, “Florida Super Lawyers” 2015
- Selected by South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer” 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar (Appellate and Criminal Law Sections)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- “Solving the Inherent Discovery Problems in International Arbitration,” South Florida Legal Guide, 2004-05
- “Businessman: I am being prosecuted for supporting Palestinians,” The Associated Press, June 9, 2004
- “All’ the Truth,” Broward Daily Business Review, Sept. 27, 2001